Reconnect on RDMA device reset

Oren Duer oren.duer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:10:44 PST 2018

>> Yes, it could be a userspace script/daemon job. But I was under the
>> impression
>> that this group tries to consolidate most (all?) of the functionality into
>> the
>> driver, and not rely on userspace daemons. Maybe a lesson learnt from
>> iSCSI?
>

> Indeed that is a guideline that was taken early on. But
> auto-connect/auto-discovery is not something I think we'd like to
> implement in the kernel...

So to summarize your view on this topic:
* Agreed that user experience should be such that after an RDMA device reset
  everything should continue as before without admin intervention.
* Both for host and target stacks.
* This should not be handled by the driver itself.
* A userspace daemon that listens on udev events should retry the reconnects
  or re-binds using configfs.