NVMe disks are not available with lsblk

wenxiong wenxiong at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 14 08:40:01 PST 2018

Hi All,

Somehow with CONFIG_NVME_MULTIPATH enable(4.16.0-rc1), one of my NVME
device is not showed up with lsblk command.

I am not familiar with CONFIG_NVME_MULTIPATH enable. I tried to enable
multipath in system but still not show up.

For example,/dev/nvme1 device is showed up in nvme list but not with
lsblk.

Anyone saw the similar issue? Any suggestion for debugging this issue?

Thanks,
Wendy
# nvme list
Node             SN                   Model
       Namespace Usage                      Format           FW Rev
---------------- --------------------
---------------------------------------- ---------
-------------------------- ---------------- --------
/dev/nvme1n1     S3RVNA0J600164       PCIe3 1.6TB NVMe Flash Adapter II
x8     1         245.76  GB / 245.76  GB      4 KiB +  0 B   MN12MN12

# lsblk
NAME    MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda       8:0    0    40G  0 disk
ââsda1    8:1    0     4M  0 part
ââsda2    8:2    0   500M  0 part
ââsda3    8:3    0    21G  0 part
ââsda4    8:4    0     4K  0 part
ââsda5    8:5    0     2G  0 part [SWAP]
ââsda6    8:6    0  12.6G  0 part /
ââsda7    8:7    0   3.9G  0 part /home