NVMEoF oops on reset

Berck Nash Berck.Nash at wdc.com
Mon Feb 12 13:43:14 PST 2018

On 02/07/2018 04:24 PM, Max Gurtovoy wrote:
> On 2/7/2018 10:54 PM, Berck Nash wrote:
>>>
>>> please try me patches for fixing the state machine (attached).
>>> These should apply over nvme-4.16 but still there is a missing commit
>>> from Sagi the I mentioned in the cover letter. So with these 4 patches
>>> your test should pass...
>>
>> Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be any better.  Loaded all 4 patches
>> against nvme-4.16, and got a slightly different crash.  Entire log attached.
>>

> I suggest you taking Linus master branch and apply my 3 patches and
> re-test it. nvme-4.16 is not rebased over 4.15.0 IMO.
> You might need to fix some stright-forward conflict applying the patches..
>
> I run successfuly a loop with 100 iterations of "nvme reset /dev/nvme0"
>
> BTW, please add more details regarding your setup (I use ConnectX-5 in
> my test connected B2B using IB link layer).

Thanks, we tried your 3 patches applied against stable 4.15.1.  That
worked much better for the happy-path, normal reset case.  However, it
looks like sometimes we're getting an error on the identify controller
command, and in that case, we get the same crash.  We'll need to
investigate why the identify failure, but obviously the driver shouldn't
crash on the error.

We're using a ConnectX-4 as the initiator.

Please find the kernel log attached.

Berck