[LSF/MM TOPIC] irq affinity handling for high CPU count machines

Kashyap Desai kashyap.desai at broadcom.com
Fri Feb 2 00:49:01 PST 2018

> > Yes. That is a problematic area. If CPU and MSI-x(reply queue) is 1:1
> > mapped, we don't have any issue.
>
> I guess the problematic area is similar with the following link:
>
> 	https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=151748144730409&w=2

Hi Ming,

Above mentioned link is different discussion and looks like a generic
issue. megaraid_sas/mpt3sas will have same symptoms if irq affinity has
only offline CPUs.
Just for info - "In such condition, we can ask users to disable affinity
hit via module parameter " smp_affinity_enable".

> otherwise could you explain a bit about the area?

Please check below post for more details.

https://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=151601833418346&w=2