NVMe and SR-IOV, how to use together?

Bogdan Rudas brudas at exadel.com
Tue Sep 19 04:30:04 PDT 2017

Hi!

I've checked the device on 4.14.0 rc1 kernel. And see no SR-IOV files
for SSD PCI device in /sys/devices/..../sriov_*, SR-IOV works for
Intel I350 LOM at the same host.
However manufactures brochure claims the SR-IOV support for this
series. Should I report this as a bug in Linux nvme driver? Is so,
what the information should I gather?

Here is a brochure with SR-IOV mention:
http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/global/file/insight/2016/08/Samsung_PM1725a-1.pdf

Here is SSD information:
root at ubuntu-test:~# nvme list
Node             SN                   Model
        Namespace Usage                      Format           FW Rev
---------------- --------------------
---------------------------------------- ---------
-------------------------- ---------------- --------
/dev/nvme0n1     S3HBNA0J600073       SAMSUNG MZPLL1T6HEHP-00003
        1           1.60  TB /   1.60  TB    512   B +  0 B   GPNA4B3Q

--
Bogdan Rudas
Director of IT Europe
E-mail: brudas at exadel.com
Skype ID: bogdan.rudas

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and files attached to it are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified