kernel tried to execute NX-protected page - exploit attempt? (uid: 0) and kernel BUG observed on 4.13.0-rc7

Yi Zhang yizhan at redhat.com
Fri Sep 1 04:08:08 PDT 2017

Hi Sagi

I reproduced this issue again, here is the full log:
server1: https://pastebin.com/4wTfrbLj
server2: https://pastebin.com/K1tpApgt

It's more complex to reproduce it this time:
steps I used:
1. set up target on both server1 and server2.
2. On server1, connect server2, do IO background and reset operation, cancel it after several seconds.
3. On server2, connect server1, do IO background and reset operation, cancel it after several seconds.
4. Do step 2-3 until reproduced it.

Best Regards,
  Yi Zhang