[GIT PULL] nvme updates for Linux 4.15

Jens Axboe axboe at kernel.dk
Fri Nov 10 09:38:22 PST 2017

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:27:24AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> That makes for a bit of an awkward merge, why wasn't this fixed up
>> in your tree?
>
> Because you asked me to always base on for-4.15/block last time?

That's not what I meant. It's conflicting because of a patch, that's
fine. But the code in your tree is:

if (a == &dev_attr_uuid.attr) {
        if (uuid_is_null(&ids->uuid) ||
            !memchr_inv(ids->nguid, 0, sizeof(ids->nguid)))
                return 0;
}

and you're saying the right resolution is:

if (a == &dev_attr_uuid.attr) {
        if (uuid_is_null(&ids->uuid) ||
            !memchr_inv(ids->nguid, 0, sizeof(ids->nguid)))
                return 0;
}

My point is that this should have been fixed up in your tree. Yes, it'd
still cause a conflict, that's fine, but at least the merge would not
end up also containing a fix for the above code. That part is not
logical.

--
Jens Axboe