Unexpected issues with 2 NVME initiators using the same target

Leon Romanovsky leon at kernel.org
Thu May 18 06:34:39 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 02:56:36PM +0200, Marta Rybczynska wrote:

> >> So let's get the patch to do a strong fence everywhere now, and relax
> >> it later where possible.
> >>
> >> Correntness before speed..
> >
> > OK, please give me and Max till EOW to stop this saga. One of the two
> > options will be: Max will resend original patch, or Max will send patch
> > blessed by architecture group.
> >

> Good luck with this Max & Leon! It seems to be a complicated problem.
> Just an idea: in our case it *seems* that the problem started appearing
> after a firmware upgrade, older ones do not seem to have the same
> behaviour. Maybe it's a hint for you.

OK, we came to the agreement which capability bits we should add. Max
will return to the office at the middle of the next week and we will
proceed with the submission of proper patch once our shared code will
be accepted.

In the meantime, i put the original patch to be part of our regression.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leon/linux-rdma.git/commit/?h=testing/queue-next&id=a40ac569f243db552661e6efad70080bb406823c

Thank you for your patience.