Unexpected issues with 2 NVME initiators using the same target

Sagi Grimberg sagi at grimberg.me
Mon May 15 06:43:18 PDT 2017

>>> Any update here?  Would love to be able to load up the new kernels without patching them every time. :)
>>
>> I would like that too,
>>
>> Max, can you send a patch? or should I?
>
> Sagi,
>
> Max is doing his best to provide a patch, unfortunately he is limited
> by various architecture implications which he needs to resolve before
> sending it.

Well, he already sent a patch that fixes the issue.
He said that he needs additional optimization for CX5 (which I assume
doesn't need the strong fence), but that still does not change the
fact that CX4 is broken. I asked to include his patch, fix the
existing bug and incrementally optimize CX5.

What do you mean by architecture implications? it's broken and there is
a request from the community to fix it. Are you suggesting that it
doesn't solve the issue?