Unexpected issues with 2 NVME initiators using the same target

shahar.salzman shahar.salzman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 04:18:28 PST 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have been OOO for the past few days.

Indeed the underlying transport is Ethernet, and we have found that flow
control is disabled on the switch side.
I still do not have access to the system for re-tests with the flow
control, and 4.10. But I am working on assembling another system.

A little off-topic, but something that may help me get the other system
up faster, can I use a dual CX4 card as initiator and target (i.e. one
port going up to the switch, and the other coming back into the system)
without the kernel looping back? I have a spare CX4, so if possible, I
will use it to build a mini system for recreates of this sort.

Thanks,
Shahar