mlx4_core 0000:07:00.0: swiotlb buffer is full and OOM observed during stress test on reset_controller

Yi Zhang yizhan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 20:20:14 PST 2017

> I'm using CX5-LX device and have not seen any issues with it.
>
> Would it be possible to retest with kmemleak?

Here is the device I used.

Network controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3]

The issue always can be reproduced with about 1000 time.

Another thing is I found one strange phenomenon from the log:

before the OOM occurred, most of the log are  about "adding queue", and
after the OOM occurred, most of the log are about "nvmet_rdma: freeing
queue".

seems the release work: "schedule_work(&queue->release_work);" not
executed timely, not sure whether the OOM is caused by this reason.

Here is the log before/after OOM
http://pastebin.com/Zb6w4nEv