remove long broken SCSI to NVMe translations

Judy Brock judy.brock at samsung.com
Fri Jun 30 06:07:59 PDT 2017

Adding some input fr Dell that didn't make it out to this reflector:

From: managementif at nvmexpress.org [mailto:managementif at nvmexpress.org] On Behalf Of Austin.Bolen at dell.com

	>>> The SNTL in Linux has been deprecated and disabled by default for almost 1½  years now.

Has it made it to all the distros?  I can check on distros like RHEL to see if/when they disabled it but any given OS will be used by customers for many years and so I think the majority of our customers are still running with the translation layer enabled and will only find out if things are broken when the migrate to a distro that has it disabled.
. . .
I checked on our most recent distros and looks like everything we ship today has the SNTL enabled:

-          RHEL 7.3:            Does not have the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME_SCSI option at all so looks like SNTL is always enabled.
-          SLES 12 SP1:       Does not have the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME_SCSI option at all so looks like SNTL is always enabled.
-          Ubuntu 16.04:   Has CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME_SCSI=y so looks like so looks like SNTL is enabled by default.

Thanks,
Austin