remove long broken SCSI to NVMe translations

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hpe.com
Fri Jun 16 06:57:16 PDT 2017

> [you dropped all the people in the To and Cc list..]
>
>> Someone should tell HPe, though; apparently they are using it for
>> firmware download ...

Yes, that's how we discovered it was broken.

> Everything that could be done using the scsi emulation can be trivially
> done using nvme-cli, as they should have done from day 0.

I don't quite know the history of our use of the scsi translation but I
suspect it's because we adapted some existing utility to also support nvme.

David Milburn's patch is very simple.  Can we please fix the bug for now
so we have a little time to fix our tools?

Thanks,

-- ljk