[LFS/MM TOPIC][LFS/MM ATTEND]: - Storage Stack and Driver Testing methodology.

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Wed Jan 11 01:40:41 PST 2017

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:19:45AM +0100, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
>> Well, something I was thinking about but didn't find enough time to actually
>> implement is making a xfstestes like test suite written using sg3_utils for
>> SCSI.
>
> Ronnie's libiscsi testsuite can use SG_IO for a new years now:
>
> https://github.com/sahlberg/libiscsi/tree/master/test-tool
>
> and has been very useful to find bus in various protocol
> implementations.
>
>> This idea could very well be extented to NVMe
>
> Chaitanya suite is doing something similar for NVMe, although the
> coverage is still much more limited so far.

One of the discussion points here indeed would be if we want to go in
the direction of a protocol-specific testsuites (of which we already
have several) or if it makes sense to move to functional testing.

And if we can have a common interface / documentation on how these
things should run.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		   Teamlead Storage & Networking
hare at suse.de			               +49 911 74053 688