Fabrics Bug: keep alive timer re-initialized when active

Berck Nash Berck.Nash at wdc.com
Fri Dec 15 10:46:48 PST 2017

During fabric cable pulls, sometimes the keep alive timer gets
re-initialized while it's already active.  It appears to be a race as it
doesn't happen every time, but can be reproduced fairly consistently
with a dozen or cable pulls.  Without object debugging enabled, the
resulting crash is a pretty opaque dereference of a poisoned object.
See attached for the ODEBUG output.

We're seeing this on 4.12, but I couldn't find any reference to it being
fixed later.

Berck Nash