[GIT PULL] nvme update for Linux 4.14, take 2

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Wed Aug 30 09:11:54 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-30 at 19:05 +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> If we get to choose, my preference would be to restore the old behavior
> because currently existing nvme transports keep their internal ctrl
> representation in the tagset->driver_data as they implement
> init/exit_request. Bouncing in nvme core would require to change that
> and always keep struct nvme_ctrl as the tagset->driver_data and convert
> it on every handler...
>
> Everything is doable but it seems like an unneeded hassle to me...

Sorry but I'm not convinced that it would be necessary to change what
tagset->driver_data points at. How about moving blk_mq_reinit_tagset() from
the block layer core to the NVMe core, to rename it and to pass a pointer
to the nvme_ctrl data structure to that function instead of only block layer
information?

Bart.