[GIT PULL] nvme update for Linux 4.14, take 2

Sagi Grimberg sagi at grimberg.me
Wed Aug 30 08:10:07 PDT 2017

>> Hi Jens,
>>
>> below is the current set of NVMe updates for Linux 4.14, now against your
>> postmerge branch, and with three more patches.
>>
>> The biggest bit comes from Sagi and refactors the RDMA driver to prepare
>> for more code sharing in the setup and teardown path.  But we have various
>> features and bug fixes from a lot of people as well.
>
> Pulled, thanks.

I just realized that patch:
--
commit d352ae205d8b05f3f7558d10f474d8436581b3e2
Author: Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche at wdc.com>
Date:   Thu Aug 17 16:23:03 2017 -0700

     blk-mq: Make blk_mq_reinit_tagset() calls easier to read

     Since blk_mq_ops.reinit_request is only called from inside
     blk_mq_reinit_tagset(), make this function pointer an argument of
     blk_mq_reinit_tagset() instead of a member of struct blk_mq_ops.
     This patch does not change any functionality but makes
     blk_mq_reinit_tagset() calls easier to read and to analyze.
--

Makes it impossible for me to move controller reset flow to
nvme-core without adding a trampoline (as the reinit_request

I'd really like to avoid adding more churn to the code refactoring
than it already has.

Given that this patch is not fixing anything should we revert it?