NVMf initiator persistent across boots

Johannes Thumshirn jthumshirn at suse.de
Wed Aug 30 02:45:53 PDT 2017

[+Cc James]

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:37:47PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
[...]
> Something like:
> --
> [Unit]
> Description=NVMf auto discovery service
> After=systemd-modules-load.service network-online.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=oneshot
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/nvme connect-all
> StandardOutput=journal
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
> --
>
> Where discovery.conf would have the relevant parameters
> like:
> --
> --traddr=<traddr1> --trsvcid=<trsvcid1>
> --traddr=<traddr2> --trsvcid=<trsvcid2>
> --
>
> One thing we may want to have is to make sure
> that nvme relevant modules are loaded at boot time
> so we may want nvme-cli to either manually load them
> or the installation would add them to systemd-modules-load.service
> (i.e. add relevant files to /etc/modules-load.d/)
>
> Thoughts?

That's exactly what I wanted to do for SUSE distros as well, so I'm fine with
it.

James Smart has a bunch of scripts and udev rules for FC-NVMe autoconnecting
and I asked him earlier today to sumbit them here as well.

Byte,
	Johannes

--
Johannes Thumshirn                                          Storage
jthumshirn at suse.de                                +49 911 74053 689