[GIT PULL] nvme update for Linux 4.14

Jens Axboe axboe at kernel.dk
Mon Aug 28 09:03:39 PDT 2017

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 09:55:55AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
>>> It was based on the nvme-3.13 tree from about two weeks ago,
>>> which was based on your for-linus at about that time.
>>
>> Changes for 4.14 should be against the 4.14 branch. for-linus is
>> for 4.13. In any case, there will be a conflict against master...
>
> We would have otherwise had conflicts against changes in Linus'
> tree for 4.13, so we were between a rock and a hard place here.

But one rock is shittier than the other. If you based it against
4.14, then at least I only have to resolve the the problem once.

The real problem is that the patch that went into master had
cleanups too. You should push back against that, since it will
inevitably cause problems by diverging 4.13 and 4.14 more than
absolutely necessary. Having conflicts in nvme for the block tree
is not isolated to this series, unfortunately.

--
Jens Axboe