Naming Convention for NVMe CLI Plugin Commands

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Sun Aug 6 17:30:26 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 07:51:45PM +0000, Jeffrey Lien wrote:
> Is there any standard naming convention set for the nvme cli plugin
> commands?  I've gotten a request from one customer to add the prefix
> "vs-" (for vendor specific) to some of the cli plugin commands.  i.e.
> nvme wdc smart-log-add would become nvme wdc vs-smart-log-add.  It's
> not a big change to make but then it doesn't match the plugin commands
> from other vendors.

Hi Jeff,

The naming hasn't really been formalized, so I suppose you can call
it whatever you want. Your specific example sounds a little redundant
IMO since it's already a vendor specific command by virtue of it not
being a top level sub-command; every command under a vendor plugin is
vendor specific. But I won't push back if you want to call it that.