["PATCH-v2" 00/22] lpfc updates for 11.2.0.12

James Smart james.smart at broadcom.com
Fri Apr 21 09:44:28 PDT 2017

>>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2017-April/009250.html
>>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2017-April/009256.html
>> Hmm,
>>
>> So it seems that we have conflicts here
>>
>> A local merge attempt on Jens's current for-4.12/block
>> from nvme-4.12 (with this patchset)is generating:
> The problem are two patches from the "nvme_fc: add ctlr reset support
> and abort fixes" series from James which conflict badly with the NVMe
> result/state rework in block/for-next.
>
> I will drop this series from nvme-4.12 for now, and rebase nvme-4.12
> on top of Jens' for-4.12 tree so that we have a good base to start
> from.  I think we can get James' patch in post-rc1 or wih a second
> pull request still.
>
> Also James once you do that please run the patches through sparse,
> there are a few warnings in the changes, although they mostly seem
> to replace old warnings with different ones.
looking back, looks like I didn't reback to the latest block tree, so
the conflicts exist.   I'm having a hard time believe the conflicts are
that egregious. Almost all of these mods are internal or toward the fc
facing side.    I'll reback vs block and nvme-4.12 and will look to repost.

-- james