blk-mq: remove the error argument to blk_mq_complete_request

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at sandisk.com
Tue Apr 18 15:50:18 PDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 08:52 -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Now that we always have a ->complete callback we can remove the direct
> call to blk_mq_end_request, as well as the error argument to
> blk_mq_complete_request.

Hello Christoph,

Please add a runtime check that issues a warning early if a .complete
callback function is missing.

Are you sure that all blk-mq drivers have a .complete callback? In the
request-errors branch of your block git tree I found the following:

static const struct blk_mq_ops rbd_mq_ops = {
	.queue_rq	= rbd_queue_rq,
	.init_request	= rbd_init_request,
};

static const struct blk_mq_ops ubiblock_mq_ops = {
	.queue_rq       = ubiblock_queue_rq,
	.init_request	= ubiblock_init_request,
};

Thanks,