[NVMeF]: Multipathing setup for NVMeF

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Wed Apr 12 08:00:37 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 02:58:05PM +0530, Ankur Srivastava wrote:
> I have connected my Initiator to both the ports of Ethernet
> Adapter(Target) to get 2 IO Paths, from the above data "/dev/nvme0n1"
> is path 1 and "/dev/nvme1n1" is path 2 for the same namespace.
>
> Note: I am using Null Block device on the Target Side.
>
> But still the multipath is showing an error ie no path to Host for All
> the NVMe Drives mapped on the Initiator. Does multipathd supports NVMe
> over Fabric ??
> Or what I am missing from configuration side ??
>
> Thanks in advance!!

I think you need a udev rule to export the wwn like

  KERNEL=="nvme*[0-9]n*[0-9]", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="disk", ATTRS{wwid}=="?*", ENV{ID_WWN}="$attr{wwid}"

And multipathd conf needs to use that attribute for uid for NVME,
uid_attribute = "ID_WWN".

These should be there by default if you've very recent versions (within
the last 6 weeks) of multipath-tools and systemd installed.

If your kernel has CONFIG_SCSI_DH set, you'll also need this recent
kernel commit:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit?id=857de6e00778738dc3d61f75acbac35bdc48e533