crash when connecting to targets using nr_io_queues < num cpus

'Christoph Hellwig' hch at infradead.org
Thu Sep 22 20:31:57 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 07:01:05PM -0500, Steve Wise wrote:
> The fabrics module displays these errors.  But the 28 rdma connections still
> get setup.  I'm not sure this is what we want, but it does avoid failing the
> connect altogether...

Bo, it's not really what we want.  I think we simply need to move
forward with the queue state machine, and use that to check if we have
a blk-mq queue allocated for the queue.  If not we can simply skip it
later on.

So I'd say I'll send the crash fix in blk-mq to Jens ASAP, and you'll
look into the queue state machine for 4.9?