crash when connecting to targets using nr_io_queues < num cpus

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Tue Sep 13 10:52:24 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 09:21:36AM -0500, Steve Wise wrote:

> > > This is indeed the same problem.  I don't have the knoggin to propose a fix.
> > > Sagi/Christoph, do you have any ideas on this?  I'm willing to take and idea
> > > forward and test it out of you all have any clever ideas.  We should at
> least
> > > prevent setting nr_io_queues to a value that will crash immediately when
> nvmf is
> > > used...
> >
> > I think that Ming and Keith had a few suggestions.
> >
> > ++ Keith.
> >

> Ming has been silent. :(  Keith, any thoughts on this?

Sorry, I've also been side tracked. :(

Offline, I've been reviewing and testing new mappings from Christoph
and Thomas that should get all the queues assigned. It wasn't developed
specically for this issue, but it should fix this anyway. I think the
new mapping is really close to being ready for public consideration,
but I'll wait for Christoph on that.