nvmet_rdma crash - DISCONNECT event with NULL queue

'Christoph Hellwig' hch at lst.de
Mon Nov 7 10:41:26 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 10:29:38AM -0800, J Freyensee wrote:
> The way I interpret the spec, ctrlid (I'm assuming you mean cntlid) is
> allocated on a NVM subsystem basis.  For example, Figure 34 of the
> Discovery Log Page entry and Figure 20 of the Connect Command implies
> to me CNTLID values are allocated on a NVM Subsystem granular-level
> when I see statements such as:

It is per-subsystem.  But nothing in the spec prohibits and implementation
that has multiple subsystems to simply not allocate cntlids that
would conflict betweens it's subsystems.

And in fact there is a TP in the working group that would require
implementations not to reuse cntlids for it to work.  We'll probably
hear more about that once it's published.