nvme-fabrics: crash at nvme connect-all

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Jun 10 08:11:22 PDT 2016

> > What's the step to reproduce?
>
> Add the hack into iw_cxgb4 to force alloc_mr failures after 200 allocations
> (or whatever value you need to make it happen).  Then on the same machine,
> export a target device, load nvme-rdma and discover/connect to that target
> device with nvme.  It will crash.
>
> Unfortunately, with the 4.7-rc2 base I'm using, I get no vmcore dump.  I'm
> not sure why...

Previously I was using Doug's rdma rxe branch + sagi's rxe fixes + rebased on nvmf-all.2.   To simplify, I have now gone to just straight nvmf-all.2.  Also, I separated the host and target to different nodes and reproduced the problem.  It’s the host side that is crashing.  Same GPF with RIP:

RIP: 0010:[<ffffffff810d04c3>]  [<ffffffff810d04c3>] get_next_timer_interrupt+0x183/0x210

Steve.