NVME Issues with Suspend

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 09:02:47 PST 2016

Hi

I currently have a 3 partition NVME setup, however when I suspend and
resume my laptop the drive isn't re-initialised correctly, the console
is filled with access errors and I can't run any commands as they
can't be found. After hard rebooting my machine sometimes it can't
find the GPD partition and I have to use testdisk to restore the
partition table

I have an Alienware 15 laptop with a 1TB NVME harddisk running kernel
4.5-rc0. As I don't suspend my laptop often I'm not sure if this is a
regression brought in from the merge window or an existing issue

I can bisect if needed

3e:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller [0108]: Samsung Electronics Co
Ltd Device [144d:a802] (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801
       Kernel driver in use: nvme

[    1.050096]  nvme0n1: p1 p2 p3

I was going to submit a bug on bugzilla.kernel.org but I wasn't sure
which Product / Component it should be filed under

I haven't figured out a good way of collecting logs when the system
stops responding so please let me know if you know how I can collect
logs - I don't think SSH sessions survive suspend / resume cycles

Thanks

Mike