Linux AER reporting

Nisha Miller nisha.miller420 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:56:11 PDT 2016

Hi Keith and Guilherme,

thank you for your replies.

Kernel 4.4.19 does not seem to have nvme driver with support for AER.
It is present in Kernel 4.7 but getting it to work on Centos 7.2 is
turning out to be quite a task. Arch Linux has kernel 4.7 so I will
give that a shot.

I should have mentioned that we get the CSTS = 0xFFFFFFFF only after
millions of writes. When using fio, it runs for over 30 minutes before
the problem crops up.

BTW, I subscribed to linux-nvme list but never got a confirmation
email. I don't get email from the list, but I'm able to post to it.

cheers
Nisha