Configured nqn

J Freyensee james_p_freyensee at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 8 10:54:38 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-08 at 11:47 +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

> > Hi
>
> Hey Gili,
>

> > I was wondering if there's a special reason why not to support
> > preconfigured initiator nqn from a file.
> > (similar to iscsi in /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi).
>
> It was raised on the list just last week. I think Jay
> has (of was :)) volunteered.

I was going to do it, but I was waiting for a reply on confirming what
behavior people wanted to see:

"So is the request to have nvme-cli use whatever is in
/etc/nvme/hostnqn (if it exists) over the default in the nvme-fabrics
driver?  So preference of hostnqn input would be:

1. --hostnqn flag
2. /etc/nvme/hostnqn
3. default hostnqn generated by nvme-fabrics driver (ex: nqn.2014
-08.org.nvmexpress:NVMf:uuid:a2d7752c-a31b-477a-a003-31a5e1c424a9)

(note 2. may contain a hostnqn different from the default)"

Gili if you are itchin' to do it, go ahead and give it a shot, just let
me know (or I can still do it w/confirmation to above).  The discovery
fix I added to nvme-cli:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2016-July/005562.html

has been merged into the nvme-cli tool by Keith.