nvme: controller resets

Vedant Lath vedant at lath.in
Tue Nov 10 13:43:06 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Stephan Günther <guenther at tum.de> wrote:
> Mine:
>
> | NVME Identify Controller:
> | vid     : 0x106b
> | ssvid   : 0x106b
> | sn      : C025xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> | mn      : APPLE SSD AP0512H
> | fr      : 5.841.01
>
> I have reports of other guys with firmware 5.831.01 and 5.844.01. Both
> have the same problems.

That's a different firmware revision than mine. Mine is 7.831.01. But
the minor version and patch number is same. :/ Maybe the first digit
is indicative of the MacBook it is built for?

I have a feeling that this SSD's NVMe implementation is more like a
draft implementation of the NVMe standard. I am hopeful that future
firmware upgrades will make it fully compliant with NVMe.

> Are using a MacBook8,1 oder MacBook7,1?

I am using a MacBookAir7,1. It is the 11" MacBook Air (Early 2015)
model with 256 GB SSD.