Problems writing to intel P3700 NVMe drive

Pavilion Storage storagepavilion at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:37:02 PDT 2015

John
Here is the outputs with if=/dev/zero and oflag=direct and you can see
the error.
thx
Kishore
[root]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nvme0n1 oflag=direct bs=512
count=1000000 conv=notrunc
1000000+0 records in
1000000+0 records out
512000000 bytes (512 MB) copied, 77.6635 s, 6.6 MB/s
[root]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nvme1n1 oflag=direct bs=512
count=1000000 conv=notrunc
dd: writing '/dev/nvme1n1': Input/output error
1+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0 B) copied, 0.0212549 s, 0.0 kB/s
[root]# ./nvme write /dev/nvme0n1 -s 0 -z 4096 -d /dev/zero
write: success
[root]# ./nvme write /dev/nvme1n1 -s 0 -z 4096 -d /dev/zero
write:WRITE_FAULT(2280)
[root]#