NVMe driver status

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Wed Mar 11 11:40:20 PDT 2015

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Brandon Schulz wrote:
> Is there any kind of coordination among contributors on backports to
> legacy-nvme or is it just kind of a free-for-all until someone submits a
> patch on this list?

Coordination is done on the mailing lists, though that probably feels
a bit like a free-for-all.

I originally started the 3.18 fork so I can point distro vendors using
older kernels to a public tree to pull commits ahead of their updates. It
sounds like there is considerable outside interest, so if people are open
to co-maintaining, we can fork this to a github or something like that.