Async Event test

Keith Busch keith.busch at intel.com
Wed Feb 18 14:45:53 PST 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, Olivier Mallinger wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to test the asynchronous event xith my controller.
> Has this feature been implemented in the Linux driver ?
>
> I want to request asynchronous event to my controller, then I will instrument
> my controller to simulate event.
> I don't know what is going to do the driver in such case and how to have
> access to the asynchronous event information.
> Do you have any solutions to test it ?

The driver submits mutliple async requests. The number sent is either
the device's max or 8, which ever is smaller. When the driver sees a
completion, it writes a message to the kernel log then submits another
request. If anyone has a better idea how to report async events, I'm
all for it.

To test, I just set the temperature threshold to below the current
temparature to trigger the smart async event.