NVMe multi-core process

Angelo Brito asb at cin.ufpe.br
Tue Sep 2 13:24:16 PDT 2014

Thanks for the feedback Keith!

I have a device here that supports 9 (1 Admin + 8 I/O) Submission
Queues but looking to his doorbell regiters I can see that just SQ1 is
in use. My pc is a Power Edge T600 from Dell which has  24 cores (2
CPU whith 12 cores). We are running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
with kernels 3.15 and 3.10.

I have also checked the Get Features for Number of Queues and it
returns 'h00070007 which is zero-based notation. I think something
must be wrong at my configurations. Do you have any ideas of the
reason why the driver never used more than one submission queue?
Some directions on how to debug it would be nice too. ;)

Regards,
Angelo Silva Brito.
Graduate in Engenharia da Computação - UFPE
http://about.me/angelobrito