A small concern on driver loading and unloading

Xuehua Chen xuehua at gmail.com
Sun May 18 16:58:16 PDT 2014

Felt this is related to the understanding of the spec. We could think
of writing 00b
means no notification and no effect for the current write operation.
Or we could think
of writing 00b means notification status changed for the current write operation
and controller needs to do something.

Didn't see spec mentioned anywhere specifically that bits not changing
means no further
notification. If the controller took the former approach, the driver
could cause undesirable
behavior. Do you know any evidence in spec supporting the latter? If yes, could
you share that?

Thanks