Expected performance level of nvme driver v0.8 (Ubuntu 13.10/3.11.0-12-generic)

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Mar 5 14:35:55 EST 2014

Greetings,

I am doing some testing and benchmarking with the v0.8 nvme driver in
Ubuntu 13.10/3.11.0-12-generic. With a PCIe Gen3 nvme compliant device I
am seeing sequential (single thread) write and read numbers in the
900MB/sec range. Based on the device I was expecting higher numbers. Is
this an expected level of performance for this version of the driver?

Thanks,

--Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage