A NVME command always generates some additional commands?

Angelo Brito angelusbritos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:32:23 PDT 2014

Hello guys,

We are developing a NVMe device and your device is under tests right
now. So we are monitoring what is requested, what is executed and what
are the answers. Then every time we request a NVMe I/O Command some
additional 23 I/O Read Commands are generated to read some blocks next
to the end of our memory or next to the start. Is it an expected
behavior? I didn't find a reason at the driver for these commands to
be generated.

I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux with kernel 3.10.0-rc5linux and the
default driver version.
What do you think? Any suggestions of how to shut these commands down?

Regards,
Angelo Silva Brito.
http://about.me/angelobrito