NVME User Installation

Ian Ziemba iziemba at cray.com
Fri Jul 11 07:53:38 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am currently having trouble installing the nvme-user package on my system. Currently, I have an NVMe device up and running in my system. My current configuration is a Dell R720 running SLES 11 SP3 with a Linux kernel version of 3.0.76. In order to get my NVMe device to run, I had to use the nvme-compatibility driver. I would like to get the temperature reading off of my drive, but with my current setup, I cannot install the nvme-user package. Unfortunately, upgrading kernel versions is not an option.

Any insight into how to install the nvme-user package on my system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Ziemba
I/O Engineer Intern
Storage and Data Management