NVME device have unusual write performance

Ni, Xun xun.ni at intel.com
Fri Feb 7 22:23:31 EST 2014

Hello, Matthew:

  I get a nvme device and finish performance test on this block device. According to the test result, there is some weird place in the write performance. I don't know whether I have something wrong in the testing, so I post it here:

  My kernel: 3.13.0+ , I am using FIO to test the performance, it directly read/write on the /dev/nvme0n1p1 with sync mode

  The attachment is the result. It compare the performance between NVME and Intel SSD 3500.

  Is it a problem or just a setting issue? Do you meet this problem before?

   Sorry for send twice because linux-nvme doesn't support HTML mail.

Thanks,
Xun