Testing NVME Split BIO

Andrey Kuzmin andrey.v.kuzmin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:26:38 PST 2014

Assuming an NVME device/namespace formatted with 4K block size, I'd
give a shot to allocating, say, 8K in user-space with memalign (so
that my virtual 8K occupy exactly 2 physical pages), and then issuing
a 4K write to the respective nvme block device using any offset into
the allocated memory you'd like, such as 2K suggested by Sam in that
other email.
Regards,
Andrey