ioctls vs sysfs

Matthew Wilcox willy at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 4 10:39:15 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 11:06:51AM +0300, David Sariel wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
> I have several questions:
>
> 1) Do you have plans to add nore SG_* ioctls to supports more commands
> from sg utils package?

I don't have any plans to do anything further with the nvme-scsi driver
myself.  I don't keep track of what is and isn't supported.  That said,
if someone wants to send patches to add support for something that's
missing, I don't have a problem with applying it.  For example, Keith
added support for UNMAP.

> 2) Do you have plans to add/move more stuff  to sysfs?

I'm open to exposing more stuff through sysfs.  Did you have any requests?