TODO list 2011-12-09

Kong, Kwok Kwok.Kong at idt.com
Mon Dec 12 20:38:47 EST 2011

There is code in the driver to create devices for NS 1, 2, 3 ...N
already.  It seems to me that it is very easy to create a "controller"
device name with NS=0.  There is really no need to create new code to
create a character device.

i.e. use the same function nvme_alloc_ns() to create NS0 and hence
driver nvme0n0.
The device name becomes:

nvme0n0: controller
nvme0n1: NS 1
name0n2: NS 2
etc

I am ok with a character device "nvme0" or "nvme0n0" but why do it if a
block device works and the code is there already.

What do you think ?

-Kwok