[PATCH] dt-bindings: mtd: arasan: Add ZynqMP props
Michal Simek
michal.simek at amd.com
Fri Sep 25 05:58:41 PDT 2026
On 9/25/26 14:52, Miquel Raynal wrote:
> On 25/09/2026 at 07:20:03 -05, Rob Herring <robh at kernel.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 11:16:21AM +0200, Miquel Raynal wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>>> + num-cs:
>>>> + $ref: /schemas/types.yaml#/definitions/uint32
>>>> + minimum: 1
>>>> + maximum: 2
>>>
>>> I am not sure I get what is the purpose of this property. It looks like
>>> a downstream property resurfacing. We expect one DT subnode per chip, so
>>> I don't see the need for num-cs, we just need to count the children
>>> nodes. For me, the correct fix is to drop num-cs from the upstream DT.
>>> The only real use for it would be if the hardware could be synthesized
>>> differently, with a single CS instead of 2, but I don't think it's the
>>> case here.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>>>> +
>>>> + power-domains:
>>>> + maxItems: 1
>>>
>>> This one, even though we don't actively use it in Linux, it may serve a
>>> real purpose.
>>
>> The driver core takes care of 'power-domains', so how is it not used?
>
> Yes, it is probably useful. I am pretty sure I did not use that property
> when I tested the driver, but the controller was either already set up
> by the Bootloader or in a domain enabled by another device. In both
> cases, it is worth adding.
It shouldn't be a problem to list it. We have never used it but obviously there
is power domain.
Thanks,
Michal
More information about the linux-mtd
mailing list