[Linux Kernel Bug] WARNING: zero-size vmalloc in ubi_read_volume_table

Yang, Chenyuan cy54 at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:44:01 PST 2024

Hi Richard,

Here is the content of /proc/mtd

```
cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00020000 00001000 "mtdram test device"
```

By default, the /dev/mtd0 is empty and there is no mtd-utils installed.
After installing mtd-utils and running mtdinfo -a,

```
mtdinfo -a
Count of MTD devices:           1
Present MTD devices:            mtd0
Sysfs interface supported:      yes

mtd0
Name:                           mtdram test device
Type:                           ram
Eraseblock size:                4096 bytes, 4.0 KiB
Amount of eraseblocks:          32 (131072 bytes, 128.0 KiB)
Minimum input/output unit size: 1 byte
Sub-page size:                  1 byte
Character device major/minor:   90:0
Bad blocks are allowed:         false
Device is writable:             true
```

Best,
Chenyuan

On 1/23/24, 2:24 PM, "Richard Weinberger" <richard at nod.at> wrote:

    ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
    > Von: "Chenyuan Yang" <cy54 at illinois.edu>
    > If you need more information, feel free to contact me.

    What is mtd0 in your case?

    Please show me the contents of /proc/mtd and, if possible, mtdinfo -a.

    Thanks,
    //richard