Wrong "ar" is used when crosscompiling since 2.1.6

Rolf Eike Beer eb at emlix.com
Wed Feb 14 03:06:51 PST 2024

Hi everyone,

since version 2.1.6 building will always use plain "ar" when creating static
libraries. Before it used the one matching the target triplet when
crosscompiling. I can circumvent this by passing "AR=foo-bar-ar" to make for
the moment. I suspect it is a side effect of the libtool removal.

Regards

Eike
--
Rolf Eike Beer

emlix GmbH
Headquarters: Berliner Str. 12, 37073 Göttingen, Germany
Phone +49 (0)551 30664-0, e-mail info at emlix.com
District Court of Göttingen, Registry Number HR B 3160
Managing Directors: Heike Jordan, Dr. Uwe Kracke
VAT ID No. DE 205 198 055
Office Berlin: Panoramastr. 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Office Bonn: Bachstr. 6, 53115 Bonn, Germany
http://www.emlix.com

emlix - your embedded Linux partner