mtd: spi-nor: parsers questions

Mauro Lima mauro.lima at eclypsium.com
Wed Jun 14 14:19:45 PDT 2023

Hey all!
Looking for some help with mtd.
I'm working on some changes for Intel's spi controller. We have a
"BIOS" partition, composed of many parts with different offsets and
could be spread within two chips in some cases (not necessarily of the
same size).
Right now the driver uses one partition that, in my system, is bigger
than the first chip's size, so I'm getting the "size truncated to
0x..." log.
All drivers using mtd_partitions know the partition information at
compile time. This is not my case, we need to read the first portion
of the chip to get the partition parts' offsets. So I found parsers,
and the drivers using parsers make partitions within the chip's size.
So my question is whether parsers could solve my truncation issue and
whether parsers support this kind of multiple chip case.
Thanks!