Getting rid of infradead.org - corrupted subjects

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzysztof.kozlowski at linaro.org
Wed May 25 01:07:03 PDT 2022

Hi all,

The address list is semi-random as I don't know whom to approach.

Problem: infradead.org corrupts email subjects by changing:
s/,/, /

Examples:
1. Previous discussion with Uwe about linux-arm-kernel:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220215125856.es2euyoqo6mp4y2t@pengutronix.de/

2. My last email for MTD
Modified email:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mtd/20220408063720.12826-1-krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org/
Proper email:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/3e550deb-7c27-894b-a0b5-62609a60f17f@microchip.com/

When people use Patchwork or b4, the email from the list is being used,
thus the one with a changed subject. Example:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=9547c4e74f6b4b56c2f9e4e7a286ce126fd333fa
The subject should be "dt-bindings: mtd: jedec,spi-nor: remove unneeded
properties" (no space after coma)

This leads to real commits with a bit odd subject. At least not the
original subject.

Can we do something about infradead? Get rid of it and move the mailing
lists to vger.kernel.org? Or fix it?

Best regards,
Krzysztof