Reserving a dedicated space inside UBI volume

Pintu Agarwal pintu.ping at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:37:25 PDT 2022

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to reserve a space (say 100MB,
just like RAM) for a specific folder inside a UBI partition/volume.
This space will be used for a specific purpose only and  not
accessible by others.
Something like the reserved area for bad block management.

Is there a way to achieve this from the user space application at runtime ?

One option is to create a dedicated volume and operate, but we are
looking for a reserve-folder within the existing ubi volume itself (if
possible).

Regards,
Pintu