block2mtd status request

Sergey Zakharchenko doublef.mobile at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:00:27 PST 2022

Hello list,

I'm trying to emulate an MTD device (using block device + block2mtd)
on a reasonably recent (5.4.x) kernel; this used to work on an older
4.9.x kernel, but now operations on the resulting MTD device issued by
the filesystem hang indefinitely.

>From my entirely naive point of view, it would seem like block2mtd
triggers an unexpected generic_make_request recursion (e.g. SquashFS
asks for an MTD page, block2mtd asks for block device page, second
request goes onto the queue of the first one, the requests infinitely
wait for each other to complete).

I have a crude workaround for this, but my question is: Is block2mtd
supported at the moment?

Best regards,

--
DoubleF